Sunday, March 6, 2011

when a driver complains

I was Stumbling around the internet at 2:something this morning (well, staying in bed wasn't an option), and came across this bit of wonderfulness:



... which appears to be a reaction to, and expansion of, this:



Last year, I was involved in a road-rage incident against a fellow rider, who was hurt when the driver of a Ford SUV slammed on his brakes less than three feet in front of the cyclist. I saw the ineffectual reaction of the local police. Yesterday, I was out on a group ride, and saw riders refuse to get to the right when a car was behind.

There is fault, and intolerance on both sides. However, riders can't just condemn drivers, nor vice versa. I loved the cartoonist's advocacy for kindness and nonsense.

And now I even like the phrase, "kindness and nonsense."

No comments:

Post a Comment