Monday, February 4, 2013

glove signal lights


I'll admit, I initially thought , "dumb...", but the more I think about these, the better I like 'em. They're bicycle gloves for commuters with turn signals. From the article on the Atlantic Cities website:

The "Early Winter Night Biking Gloves," created by Vienna-based tech artist Irene Posch, tackle this safety issue with a design ripped straight out of Tron. These futuristic fashion accessories are made from felt or knitted wool and are studded with 3-millimeter LEDs arranged into the shape of arrows...

Preserving the look and feel of normal gloves, LEDs showing a turn signal light up when the hand is stretched out and a fist is formed, a strong signal for following cars...
My only problem with 'em is that too many riders don't even get out of the way of traffic behind. Would anybody use these?

No comments:

Post a Comment