Saturday, September 23, 2017

2017 princeton freewheeler picnic

The Princeton Freewheeler fall picnic was today, with the appurtenant All-Paces rides and me takiing too many pictures. I'll link to my album on PhotoBucket below, but there are a few things I gotta do first:
  1. The Excellent Wife (TEW) and I got there early, to be sure we got parking and so I could get early pictures. Before we left on our rides, I was able to do a quick brake adjustment on a fellow club member's bike. I love doin' that stuff.
  2. This summer, I've fallen into a habit of sweeping on the B-pace rides that Dave H leads on these all-paces events. I like sweeping for him, because he makes a point of waiting for those of us in the back, he lets me know generally where we're going, and he seems to care when somebody is flagging or having trouble. I swept on his ride again today. Laura OLPH said in her blog post that it was about as much as she could chew, but she didn't spend much time in the cheap seats at the back of the ride, so her protestations may exhibit a false modesty. You can read her post and make your own decision.
  3. I work with a few Filipinas, and one of them in particular is just going to love this Philippines kit that Marco was sporting today:





  4. Friend Lou, below, made a point at lunch that he had a life goal of getting into this blog. He thought he'd have to do it by coming along on a ride and getting dropped, but I ain't as mean as that. C'mon, Lou, here you are!


  5. Club president Ira S had the new website up for us to play with. I was so taken with it from my earlier foolin' around that I've got a ride up for tomorrow already, but there are features I didn't include (and that I will in the future). I've already updated my profile, at the urging of Carol J. This website, while not perfect, is pretty damn good. Here's Ira:





  6. Oh, yeah. Go check out the photo album. I might have a picture of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment