Sunday, February 17, 2019

goal


You know what that is? That's my Weight Watchers log book, to which I've attached my 5lb token, my 10lb token, and my goal token (I wasn't about to get porky and fussy asking for a 15lb token, although I've earned one).

I've hit my goal. I still have concerns about keeping the weight off; I went down about 45lbs beginning in 2009, and then over the course of the subsequent nine years gained back about twenty. From Weight Watchers, I've learned to count my food points, do my exercises, and go to the meetings (for support and information). My story right now is: that's all I know, so I plan to keep doing that.

If I maintain this goal (within 2lbs) over the next six weeks, I can be a lifetime member, and have access to the meetings and other tools (there's an app for the smartphone that's marvellously useful) without charge as long as I maintain my weight and weigh in once a month. The lifetime membership is my next goal.

I've thrown out all my fat pants. I have plenty of thin pants from when I could fit into them, and I bought one more pair recently because I could. The only fat pants I have left are a pair of khakis, which are too good to throw out, and my tuxedo pants, because they are my tuxedo pants.

It was hard. I was hungry a lot of the time. I now have to learn how to eat so I can maintain, and so I don't feel deprived, because I won't maintain if I feel deprived. But I feel better than I did a few months ago (and The Excellent Wife [TEW] is just delighted).

(Shh. This next will be our little secret. On ride days, if I do a demanding ride, I can eat junk with apparent impunity. Tom H was right about why we ride.)

No comments:

Post a Comment