Tuesday, July 23, 2019

ride for july 28

So this is something different: we'll do 32 miles at a C+ pace.

My wife has been hinting... well, no; she's said straight out that she wouldn't mind coming along on a ride that I led. And there are a few folks that would like to ride around here more often, but don't want to fight the hills, or keep up with the usual Plain Jim pace.

So I set a few routes that are a bit shorter and flatter, and I've set a plan to ride those, at a C+ pace, on the last Sunday of the month. This Sunday, July 28, will be the first one. We'll do the same route as last week, with the same stop at Thomas Sweet. (There's one cutoff that doesn't show on that map; come along and you'll get to see it.)

8:30 am start. Meet at my usual place; the Six Mile/Blackwells Mills lot on Canal Road in Franklin. (If you're using a car GPS to find it, put "625 Canal Road, Franklin, NJ" into the address bar, and that will get you close enough.)

If you can ride at a C+ pace, you can do this ride. If the fast folks show up, we'll let 'em go off the front and we'll complain about 'em, OK?

(It happens that July 28 is the 25th anniversary of my wife and my first date. Romantic, isn't it?)

No comments:

Post a Comment