Wednesday, October 16, 2019

ride for oct 20

CANCELLED -- SEE BELOW.

October's been demanding: I was doing non-bike-y stuff (like work), then last week I was in Gettysburg with Tom H.

I got a reprieve from an expected conflict for this Sunday. I may or may not be able to lead a C+ ride next Sunday. And the first weekend of November, I have a hot overnite date with The Excellent Wife (TEW), although I will be sneaking out to the Philly Bike Expo on Saturday.

So with all that going on, let's get a ride in on Sunday. 9AM start at the Six Mile Run/Blackwells Mills lot. If you're driving in, get there early: the lot fills up, and you may have to park in one of the overflow lots on Blackwells Mills Road between the canal and the Millstone River.

We'll do 35 miles on some of my usual roads, with a stop at Thomas Sweet in Montgomery. I'm still playing with the route, and I'm not sure I want to post in advance anyway (one rider asked me to post the routes so he could see if he wanted to come out, and then he never came, so whatever). I'm still repenting my fast paces on the weekend of the Fall Picnic, so I plan to keep the pace to the low end of the Freewheelers B range, but then, as the probably-fraudulent-Scots poet Robbie Burns wrote, "The best laid schemes o' mice an' men gang aft agley."

Oh, one more thing: do you have nifty or silly bike socks? Bring 'em out; I want pics.

EDIT: Rain is predicted. Watch this space; I'll update if I cancel.

EDIT OCT 19 4PM: Predictions are deteriorating. I'm cancelling the ride. You might get a few miles in on your own if you're out early.

No comments:

Post a Comment