Tuesday, August 25, 2020

ride for aug 30

So it's the last Sunday of the month, and I'm doing a C+ ride. My last two C+ rides have come in at just below 13mph, so let that be a guide.

Also, The Excellent Wife (TEW) is planning to come, and I'm not leaving her in the dust again; it gets BAD when I do that.

The route will look like this one, except that starts and ends at Six-Mile Blackwells Mills, and that's too crowded for a start. We'll start at Claremont School, 175 Claremont Road in Franklin, at 8:30. (I haven't nailed down the exact route yet.) Stop at Boro Bean in Hopewell. Sorry about the long out-and-back, but I'm trying to avoid hills AND have a little variety. 35-ish miles overall (maybe a smidge less). EDIT AUG 28 NOONISH: The real route is this one.

The porta-potty at Claremont School is gone. There's reasonable privacy for the courageous, but make your own choices. Ahem.

We'll be at Six-Mile Blackwells Mills about 8:45, and can pick people up there, or along the route elsewhere. Please let me know if you want to do that; my email is available at the original ride listing on the Freewheelers site.

Regular club rules and special COVID-19 rules apply. We're all at different points about coronavirus precautions. Please try to act with concern for the person who's a little more cautious than you are.

You must register; no registrants, no ride. I hope to see some of the folks I haven't seen in the heat and humidity. (I also hope to see some regulars; please don't feel slighted if I didn't specifically include you.)


No comments:

Post a Comment