Saturday, February 18, 2023

best-laid schemes

 

Steve S has a car engine in the back of his SUV for a project with his son. Ask him about it; you won't be sorry, because it's a great story.

As my ol' pal, Bobby B, wrote:
...The best laid schemes
o' mice an' men
Gang aft a-gley.

I was planning to do Steve S's a-little-under-40-mile-ride from Cranbury today, with Ralph and Naveen.

 




... but Naveen noticed a bulge in Ralph's front tire that turned out to be the tube coming out of a cut in the sidewall. Ralph booted up the gash...


...and then we adjusted the route to go to Ralph's to switch bikes, and then I got a message that made me change plans. I wound up with about 20 miles. Better than no ride at all, of course, and I'm glad I met Naveen. I'm sure I'll ride again with Ralph and Steve, and I'll have to plan to go on a ride that Steve leads, just to prove that I CAN finish with him - after all, we don't want this to become an omen, do we?

No comments:

Post a Comment