Sunday, April 21, 2013

Although Laura OLPH's experience may suggest otherwise, this was a good ride (as how many of them are not?). She and I did a bit of a pre-ride from Plainsboro to Cranbury, then went along on Peter F's ride down to Allentown, to my new favorite rest stop.

(For those of you who still don't know how clueless I am when it comes to directions: when we visited Stonebridge Bagels last month, we came in from the west, and I had no idea where I was. Today, we came in from the east, passing by the entrance to the Byron Johnson Park where the Old Guys leave from on Wednesdays, and passing Bruno's Bikes. Yesterday, I had no idea where it was; today, I could find it from anywhere. D'OH!)

We went the long way 'round to get to Allentown, and the short way back (this route; it's on RideWithGPS, because Garmin is down as I write this). Laura was wondering if we were really going to Allentown, because the stop was about 2/3 the way into the ride, but we came straight back from Allentown (Peter and Gary went off on a route that led them away from the traffic in the middle of Hightstown, and didn't get the message when the rest of us went straight on; sorry for the missed communication...). On the way back, Laura hit a pothole hard enough that it not only flattened her rear tire, but broke the clip that held on her saddlebag. We fixed the tire, and strapped up the saddlebag with a mini-bungee she carries, but the Kermit figure that she attached to the saddlebag had a rough ride home.

(And if you go to her blog through the "may suggest otherwise" link above, I assure you that nothing she says about me can be relied on. That's my story, and I'm stickin' to it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment