Sunday, March 31, 2019

lifetime member


In January, I wrote about joining Weight Watchers after that hanging-gut picture that Marty G got of me; in February I wrote about hitting goal.

Well, it turns out that if, six weeks after hitting goal, your weight on their scale is within 2lbs up or down of your goal, you can be a member for life, and continue to use their tools and meetings without continuing to pay, as long as you weigh in once a month and you're no more than 2lbs above your goal.

Which is fine, except I kept losing more weight after I hit goal at 178; at one point, I was 6½lbs below goal, far more than the 2lbs allowed. I thought of trying to eat junk until I was closer to goal, but that seemed too risky; what if I just didn't stop? (It didn't help that their scale had me 3-3½lbs lighter than our scale at home did.)

Well, I got around it, and last Thursday I tipped their scale at 177.2. The charms on the ring above my congratulations card are, from right, the blue 5lb, the purple 10lb, the gold-with-stone for hitting goal, and the rose-gold-with-stone for lifetime. (I qualify for 15lb and 20lb charms, but the last thing I need...)

So it's worked for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment