Tuesday, August 20, 2019

ride for 8/25

So it's time for another last-Sunday-of-the-month C+ ride. This time, we'll do another route; we'll go to the Boro Bean in Hopewell. The route avoids all the most annoying hills, without simply going straight there-and-back (although there's some of that). About 32 miles.

See the route here. There will be a few minor changes, but that's basically it.

The Excellent Wife is coming along. She told me I did OK on the last one, and she can be a demanding critic, so you can rest assured that I'll keep to the C+ pace, and I won't drop folks if the racehorses go rarin' off the front. (Besides, I expect I'll have done a hilly ride the day before, and I might not have much left in my legs. Just sayin'.)

8:30 start, at the Blackwells Mills/Six Mile lot. If it's full, there are lots along Blackwells Mills Road between the canal and the river that don't get used; park there and roll in to the start.

This is a Princeton Freewheeler Club ride. Visitors are allowed one ride; then the expectation is that you'll join, for the price of four or five cappuccinos. If you can persuade me that you've newly joined, maybe I'll pop for coffee at the Boro Bean for you.

(Don't count on it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment