Friday, November 27, 2020

not pedantic, enthusiastic

 

 

I might do something like this.


The Excellent Wife (TEW) and I sometimes go down rabbit holes of shades of meaning, tenses, subjunctives, and the like, and when we do, one of us will often look at the other with the knowing eye and intone, "When English majors marry...".

Original here. How are you not checking out XKCD every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday? It is one of the last bulwarks of brains and sense against the onslaught of anti-intellectualism, anti-vax, and all the other anti's that will bring down civilization. (One of the things I love about XKCD is that when I don't understand it [it's OK; you probably won't understand all of them; Mr Munroe is brilliant, and makes comics in many areas of his learning], I find that topics relating to the comic come up as some of the top suggestions in my Google searches. When smart people don't know stuff, they go check it out.)

No comments:

Post a Comment