Sunday, November 29, 2020

quick b

 

As I noted last month, Cranbury is probably the most popular ride start for Freewheeler rides, and when I can't decide where I want to ride on a weekend day, there's probably one I can hitch along with from there. I signed up late to Dave H's B ride.

Along with a few other folks.












Ralph, shown above rolling in, complained that he was tired, or something, but we figured he was going to show us all up anyway.

It was a quick ride for a B ride. It is not only because of my sweeping tendencies that I hung out at the back, and not everybody was up to the pace. Like me, for instance. Hrmph.

With a remarkable amount of foresight, Dave's route had us going into the wind on the way out, so we could take advantage of tailwinds on the way back. 


We headed over to the D&R canal and the Sunset Deli for the stop.







On the way back, a couple of riders fell off the back of the peloton, and I was grateful for the excuse to ease up, so that I could accompany them.

On the ride page, you can see my average was just barely at the top of the B range.

I'll have an easier time today; I'm doing one of my end-of-the-month C+ rides. It will be a welcome relief!

No comments:

Post a Comment