Monday, July 5, 2021

july 4th ride

Tom H scheduled his usually-on-a-Saturday ride for Sunday, July 4, due to predictions of unfortunate weather for the Saturday. I usually like to go with him and his Insane Bike Posse... but I also like leading my Sunday rides, and I've developed a bit of a following, so I scheduled a ride for the same day. I'll ride with the Insane Bike Posse (or with Laura OLPH's HIll Slugs, who are mostly the same folks) on another day, soon, I'm sure.

I had ten, some of whom were new (one was a first-time-on-a-club-ride; you can bet I prospected her pretty hard!).









We did this ride, and for the first time, I didn't have the route totally plotted before we left; I knew mostly what I wanted to do, and made a couple of route decisions as we came upon the decision points. I'm finally familiar enough with these roads to do that.

Don't worry; I'm still pretty hopeless with all the other roads I use.

One of the riders had a flat, and we fixed it pretty quickly. The rider was unnecessarily grateful about the help... but when we got to Thomas Sweet, I got an ice cream out of it, so I decided gratitude can be useful, or something.









And that was that! I had a few new folks on this ride, whom I hope to see again.

No comments:

Post a Comment