Sunday, August 15, 2021

cranbury ride from claremont

 Let's start right off with a picture showing why I like to stop at the new Blawenburg Bistro:


Ok, now that that's out of the way...

The title is from an inside joke, but it's so "inside" that there's a real possibility that none of the people who would get it will actually read this post. The most popular start location for my riding club is Village Park in Cranbury, and many of the rides that lead from there are huge. My rides have fewer than ten, usually, but for today I had sixteen, and that was after two others had registered and then cancelled. I was grateful that I would be able to count on the excellent Dave H to sweep; I'm only sorry I didn't pay more attention to him.


Various places along the way:








As is common with rider groups this large, we broke into a fast group and a slower group, but folks wound up in different parts of the group on different parts of the ride. When the fast group was off the front, they were generally good about waiting, but at least once we got separated at a traffic-light change.

At the stop:





That little girl, above, there with her parents, was the focus of a certain amount of attention. She played us like music.









At least one rider mentioned that they were coming out specifically for the stop, which encourages me about the ride to the Italian Bakery in Raritan, which I like to do even though a portion of the road is milled, and the return ride includes busy roads through Somerset and Bound Brook.

I was also glad to see a couple of folks back, whom I haven't seen in a few weeks; it turns out they have busy lives (imagine!). And a rider who was a prospect a few weeks ago joined up. He complained about someone on that first ride who just WOULD NOT SHUT UP about pushing joining and membership. I wonder who that might have been?

Ride page. We came in a little faster than I would like. I need some more sensible people to come and slow me down.

No comments:

Post a Comment