Wednesday, August 18, 2021

new favorite lube recommendation

 Now, for my own bikes, I favor paraffin for chain lube. But my process is complicated and takes place over three days, so it's not for everybody (or maybe, it's not for anybody but me, but I'm in favor of more complications when it comes to bike maintenance). But people know I have opinions about bike maintenance, and so I get asked what a normal person might want to use for chain lube.

I came across this video recently, and I'm persuaded.


See it on Youtube here.

Muc-Off dry lube was the overall winner, and I would definitely go with that, if I were not already doing the paraffin chain lube. Get it from my favorite supplier here. (I get no kickbacks or support from them, but I've developed a relationship with Universal Cycles, and they've provided me excellent service, unusual in an online retailer. But I don't use a local bike shop; they don't serve my needs.)

No comments:

Post a Comment