Tuesday, April 5, 2022

one of the benefits of retirement


 One of the benefits of retirement is that when you're not busy with something else, you get to go out on a Club ride on a Monday morning. I tagged along with Eddie L's ride from Etra Park yesterday.




Above center, in black: Al P. His wife died recently; it was good to see him out among folks he sees and rides with frequently.


Many of these guys ride together often, and, with the weather warming*, more of them are starting to come out. I'm hoping to become a semi-regular, although this month already has conflicts either planned or looming.

*"Warming" here is, of course, relative; there was ice on the car when I was loading up the bike yesterday morning, and there was discussion about the wind, and how many layers I wear under the long-sleeve jersey I wear as an outer layer. (The answer was four layers, plus the jersey, yesterday; sometimes I go as many as six under,)

These guys are easy to ride with, generally. The C+ ride I did had riders with a range of abilities and some go off the front (and wait at turns); some ride at the back, Some who ride at the back choose to do so.

We stopped at the Jackson Wawa:



It was a good way to spend a Monday. Ride page.

That was yesterday. For today, other commitments, including delivering to the New Brunswick Bike Exchange a bike that makes me angrier every time I look at it. Check in tomorrow when I post my rant about this fraudulence.


No comments:

Post a Comment