Sunday, June 26, 2022

perfect recovery ride with an excellent group

 The title of this post is what rider Eric H called it in his Facebook post and his Strava. I'm not brazen enough to come up with that myself... but I'm DEFINITELY brazen enough to steal and quote it.

I posted early in the week, and had four takers... and then two of them cancelled before the ride start. But I wound up with ten registrants, two of whom were gonna join us en route. (One of them was Laura OLPH, who apparently felt sorry for those of us who were baffled by her silence last week.)

I got to the start, and there was one more, who hadn't registered online, so I had David G sign in. We had a mix of faster and slower riders (as I often do), and Mike and Deb V came, Deb protesting that she wasn't gonna be able to keep up... except she surely did, smiling (almost) all the way.

My riders-in, Laura and Rama K, were supposed to meet us at Six Mile Run. I didn't see Laura, but that was because she was hiding behind some taller riders. Rama and I got signals mixed, so he wasn't there, but I believe we've since made peace.

We did my usual stop-at-the-Blawenburg route... and we stopped at the Blawenburg Bistro.




Above: When Laura not only allows you to take her picture, but is apparently so eager for you to do so, you oblige.



On the way back, I changed the planned route to go up by the water treatment and Suydam instead of Butler. That's now become my default, but I haven't changed the RideWithGPS route yet. Maybe I will.

Don't hold your breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment