Tuesday, September 27, 2022

back to basics

 OK, enough with the indexed shifting on the bike, with the noise and the need for perfect adjustment. I've reinstalled my Gevenalle 10-speed setup, and set the shifters to friction. 


 

The 11-speed Sensah Empire group will go on The Excellent Wife (TEW)'s bike the next time her Tiagra set needs adjustment. 

She'll probably appreciate the 34-tooth granny gear more than I. I'm glad I had it when we were going up that 200-feet-in-a-quarter-mile wall on Easton-Trenton Turnpike, but I've never needed it prior to that. Maybe I'll get the bigger cog the next time I replace. 

Maybe I won't. The steps between the cogs are bigger, making it harder to find a comfortable cadence. And I use that far more often than the easy gear.

I also gotta do something about my crappy bar-wrapping skills. It took me three tries this time, and it's still not very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment