Saturday, September 3, 2022

columbia trail with marty & bobbi


 So when there's fresh chipseal all over the Sourlands, it's a great time to go ride somewheres else. Laura OLPH pointed out that Bobbi B and Marty A were leading a ride today up the Columbia Trail, and I registered for  one of the last two spots.







 




Laura, and a rider I didn't know, Brian, knew the way to cut off the trail and drop down into the gorge so we could ride along the river on the way out. The riding there was a little technical; I was glad I had put new 2" tires on the Krakow Monstercross bike.







Then back up to the trail. Along the way, we met an engaging fellow who took a group picture that Bobbi got; check out her post on the FreeWheeler Facebook page. (Bobbi tagged me in a post there, so it became clear I had to get this post up, or consequences would follow. I have no idea what the consequences might be, and I'm a little afraid to find out.)





We went down the trail to the other end...




... and turned around and came back.



Bobbi and Marty have apparently been riding together since argyle socks and poodle skirts, and they're delightful: Marty is quiet and prepared for everything, and Bobbi is always cheerful and chatty. They do a LOT of rides, and have just started leading for the FreeWheelers. Although Bobbi treats me with far too much deference and respect, it's a lot of fun to ride with them; I think I need to make times to plan to do that. 



1 comment:

  1. ... Bobbi treats me with far too much deference and respect ...
    Don't worry there are plenty of us that will give you no respect (well since you asked). ;-)
    Neil Cherry

    ReplyDelete