Sunday, February 28, 2021

finished apron

 Remember that apron I liked?

I got some brick-colored cotton duck (heavy tent fabric) and finished one.


Back (taking pictures of the back is a feat; I use a hand mirror to see the image on the camera screen):


I like it. I might do another one. (You can't see the pockets in these low-quality pics, but I did hand pockets again, instead of the one chest pocket the pattern calls for. Someday, I'm going to go back to sewing a pattern just as drafted... but not yet.)

Sewing that duck is like working sheet metal. I got another piece to make shop aprons for myself and my brother-in-law, and after pre-washing and drying it, I can't iron it enough to get it flat and smooth. So these aprons are going to have a bit of texture.

Such are the vagaries of art.


No comments:

Post a Comment