Saturday, March 6, 2021

trail ride, road ride

 After umpteen posts about sewing, politics, getting the vaccine, and who knows what all, I think it's about time I did a ride report again.

Of course, with the snowy/icy/gelid February we've just survived, it's not like I had any rides to post about. I have a four-mile loop in the neighborhood I can just about finish before the frostbite sets in some days... but you don't give a hang about those, do you?

I posted a listing for Sunday March 7, and it was full before most of The Usual Suspects even saw it. So Laura OLPH did me one better: she listed a trail ride for March 6, AND a road ride for March 7. I was the last to register for her trail ride.

Well, it was supposed to be a trail ride. We decided it might be too muddy in places to stick to the planned route on the Lawrence-Hopewell trail, and decided to stick to the road when we suspected the mud might be bad.







We hadn't counted on the fact that all the show and ice might not be gone.


After I took that picture, I tried to ride across that section, and almost went over. 



It got worse. I walked along that part, and several of us walked along this part:


After that, we stuck to the road. Some of us were on mountain bikes, and some on gravel bikes. We got split up, and got back to the start at the Brearly House by different routes.

Even with all that, though, it was great to get out on the bike again, and to see these folks face-to-face (I'd seen some through the computer, but your pixelated face is different from seeing you in the flesh). I'm pleasantly tired, and the bike stuff is in the laundry... 

...and I'm leading a ride tomorrow with a few of my Sunday regulars, and some I barely know. I'm looking forward to it.

Ride page.

No comments:

Post a Comment