Thursday, December 16, 2021

no good at this retirement thing

 So I've been off work from the job I retired from for about a month. I suck at retirement:

  • I started at Sourland Cycles two days a week.If you count from my actual retirement December 1, I was out of work for about three days before I took the other job;
  • I'm still not sleeping right; I got about two hours sleep before getting up, and then fell asleep for about forty minutes early this morning, before getting up for an early dental appointment. I did get a nap in, so I feel better, but I rarely sleep though the night;
  • The dental work is costing a lot of money, so now I'm low-key worrying about money;
  • I'm in the middle of rolling over my Rutgers retirement to the Vanguard where all my other funds are. They still do the rollovers by sending paper checks through the mail, so my Rutgers fund (at TIAA-CREF) showed zero balance for several days before Vanguard showed they got the funds (and there's still a hold on part of the cash as the check clears). That led to some more financial worry (suppose the money just doesn't show up?), but that was mitigated by the fact that I've been through the experience before, and I know how it works.
  • I'm apparently being a real PITA at the new job, trying to be in everybody's business and show how helpful I can be. I'll find it ironic if I'm let go because I'm trying to do too much and wind up putting people off.

That sleep thing is really messing me up, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment