Thursday, February 10, 2022

NBBEX Bike Maintenance Class Notes Feb 10 2022

 For the folks in my bike maintenance class at the New Brunswick Bike Exchange: WE spoke about "doing the M" today. See the bike diagram below:

Click it to see full-size.

Another one, maybe more helpful (but not as cool):

 



We spoke about headset wrenches; see this page. (Park Tool is my favorite bike tool source.) We also spoke about hub wrenches (Park calls 'em "cone wrenches"; do youse remember I spoke about the cup-and-cone enclosing the bearing?)

Some tech talk about why WD-40 is not a good lubricant, especially for weather-exposed applications like bicycles. 

Ricky told me he might send along some pictures; if he does, I'll post them. Edit Feb 11: See below:

 










(How can I have such a huge bald spot, and also need a haircut so bad?)

For next week, I plan to talk about changing tires.


No comments:

Post a Comment