Sunday, July 10, 2022

back to the italian bakery

 

A few of my riders are partisans of this Italian Bakery in Raritan, called "The Italian Bakery." Laura OLPH told me about it; I think a coworke206, r of hers used to ride there and told her. She and I traded possible routes for a bike ride until I came up with the one I used today. It's never gonna be anybody's favorite route: you have to ride for a bit on Route 206; then there's a mile or so of milled road (not because of upcoming construction, but to manage traction for when the area floods; and after the stop, there's several miles along Main Street in Somerville and Bound Brook.

But the partisans like to go, so I scheduled the ride for today. In the description, I mentioned the busy roads and the milled sections. I still got ten registrants (one had to cancel at the last minute). 

I'm glad they all came, but could it be we need some better B-ride options on Sundays?

At the start, Tony G had another of his lovely bikes.






Above: I wasn't the only one smitten with Tony's bike.



Below: Eric saw the Muppet figurines that Laura carries on each of her (Muppet-eponymous) bikes, and thought it was a good idea to emulate when he saw this Superman in the Lego store.

Below (and at top), here we are after cutting through the Duke estate, just before getting to the bakery.






At the bakery:





Many thanks also to Tony G, who brought me an excellent groupset to build up into something. I didn't have my car, so I sent it home with Rickety, who promised to bring it when I see him again at the Bike Exchange on Thursday. I'm sure I can trust Rickety.


I hope.

Ride page.

No comments:

Post a Comment