Friday, July 15, 2022

too good to pass up


 Friend Tony G, of the beautiful bikes (see also here and here), gifted my with an old-school Shimano 105 2x8 groupset. 

I had initially thought to donate it to the New Brunswick Bike Exchange, but it's too nice. The shifters appear to be in fine working order. That saddle is a Selle Italia with titanium rails. 


 

It needs some cleanup and TLC, but it's lovely. The tires need to be replaced, and I may not use the chain that came in the bag... but also included was a bottom bracket and a set of downtube cable stops.

I'm gonna wait until The Excellent Wife (TEW) sees this post... and then I might start looking for a frame to hang this stuff on. It's geared way too high for this old man (I'll never climb a hill on a 53x39, 11x23), but it might be just the thing for a slow, elegant, flat ride.

There is NO WAY I'm giving this up.

1 comment:

  1. 53 and 11x23, Yeah that's painful on most hills. Sourlands ... well that's real pain. You'll be standing on the Rt 31 area climbs.

    ReplyDelete