Saturday, December 10, 2022

forty-ish miles on a cold day

 

Yeah, well, maybe not the coldest of days, because the temps were above freezing at the time we left the start in Bordentown...











... but I'll bet the temps didn't get above 40°F by the time we were done. 

Tom H led us on a gorgeous route.



 We stopped to see the eagle:






And, since Tom was leading the ride, there HAD to be one of these:


A number of faster riders came along, and they were remarkably well-behaved; I think because they were on roads they didn't know well, and Tom changed the route at least once. We all got back to the start, though, intact and in good spirits.

Ride page.

After years of riding in cold weather by simply layering (sometimes five deep), I've finally bought a riding jacket. It's great; it saves a LOT of layering; it's got good pockets; it's water- and wind-resistant. I HATE  high-viz yellow, so I got an orange one, on the theory that if it's good enough for the hunters, it will probably work for me. I misinterpreted the size guide, and got an XL; I think I would have liked a large better... but this definitely works (and there's room for layering that I'll never need). I expect this coat will get a lot of use by spring.


No comments:

Post a Comment