Sunday, September 12, 2021

big c+ ride

 A fellow club member asked for a slower-paced ride, so I scheduled one for today... but then she couldn't make it, and by yesterday morning I only had one taker. But then people apparently saw the listing, and I closed the registrations when we were up to 23 (including one member who got confusing notices from the website, and registered three times).












We did this route, and despite the fears of some of the registrants, we came in at a real C+ pace (some were probably slower than the average on that page; I had to do a couple of long sprints). The Excellent Wife (TEW) decided she liked the route, not least because we stopped at the Blawenburg Bistro, a coffee shop that's become our local favorite, especially with the demise of the Main Street in Kingston and the Pig in Pennington.





Christine decided we needed a picture of TEW and yours truly.



The excellent Martin Griff forwarded this of me with an OJ and a brownie:


Two new riders today: Albert B and Van G. Albert claims he doesn't do hills, and is put off by my B rides; Van has been a club member for a while, but said this was his first group ride in quite some time. I hope to see them again... as I hope to see my more regular riders again!


No comments:

Post a Comment