Sunday, September 19, 2021

recovery ride


Another picture from the excellent Martin Griff. If I as going that fast at the time, I certainly went a lot slower most of the rest of the time.

So after yesterday, I was glad I'd scheduled a shorter, flatter ride for today. Fourteen others came out. (Holy bananas: over twenty last week, and fifteen [including me] today? Huh?)


 









We were the usual mix of faster and slower riders, and I wasn't really successful in keeping the group together as we did one of my usual routes, but we did manage to stay connected enough to make all the turns together. 

I wasn't in front much of the way (I was too tired for that), but the folks that were waited for the rest of us. People who come on my rides apparently know that we wait for everyone to keep up, and either that's OK... or they don't come back. And that's OK.

We stopped at Thomas Sweet.

In other news, the picture above reminds me that the Montgomery Cinema is apparently open again.





Below, another pic from Mr Griff:

Herb C (no, not that Herb C; there's another Herb C) asked me about tire types and some other bike mechanic stuff, and I got to talking... and the next thing I knew, the whole rest of the ride was mounted up, ready to go, tappin' their feet and lookin' at their watches and wondering if we were ever gonna get this thing goin' again, already. I should know better than to get started like that when I'm on a ride.

On the way back, Ernie mentioned that, while he didn't mind the incline on Butler Road, he didn't like the rough road surface, so we adjusted the route to come back on Suydam... and several other riders mentioned what a good idea it seemed to be. Gang, you gotta tell me this stuff; how do I know there's a problem if nobody makes a complaint or a suggestion?

Oh, well. That's what I've been chewing over while I was cutting my hair this afternoon. And now it's time to see to the laundry. I hope you stay well.


No comments:

Post a Comment