Sunday, August 14, 2022

good ride despite the closed stop


 I knew I was going to have almost 70 miles yesterday, so I chose an easy route for today's ride. I got six takers.

Andrew A is back from Ithaca!

Rick W picked us up in Kingston.

My intention was to do a route down to Kingston, then back up to Millstone for a stop at the Sunrise Deli, then up to Schoolhouse Road, before heading straight back to Claremont School. The toilet at the Sunrise has always been a bit iffy, so we made a point of offering potty stops (Dave refers to it as "looking for his golf ball") at a number of places along the route.

It's a good thing we did; the Sunrise Deli is now closed on Sundays.

We stopped there anyway, and a couple of our number headed around to a local gas-station-with-convenience-store for some quick food. I didn't, and I felt it at the end; I was DFL heading into the parking lot.

But all the riders seemed to have enjoyed the ride, and we brought it in at the low-B pace that I've been aiming for. (It didn't hurt that many of the faster riders have found another, faster ride).

Since I've been home, though, I've been eating everything except the cabinet hinges. I've got to make a better plan.


No comments:

Post a Comment