Sunday, August 28, 2022

last-of-the-month real c+


 Y'know, except for the fact that there was nobody at the ride start when I got there, prompting me to think I'd either selected the wrong start time or the wrong start location...

...and the fact that, before the ride start, one of the new riders had a failure-to-clip-out tumble, and skinned his knee, but not badly enough that he didn't do the ride...

...and the fact that one of my regulars, who's never late, got to the ride start late...

...this was a pretty-OK, uneventful ride.

I listed it after getting an email from one of the riders who was new last time; this C+ ride is one of the few he can do, to which he doesn't need to drive a gazillion miles. He wanted to make sure that I was planning to list it, and that he wasn't closed out.

I don't generally limit my rides. But by the time I got home last night, I had eighteen registrants. A little later, I had a cancellation. So, with seventeen registrants, I set the limit to fifteen, so that, unless I had more cancellations, nobody else could register.

It was a grey morning as the riders started to appear. John K was first, easing my anxiety that I'd messed up the listing.


 









One of the new riders, Eduardo Z, planned to meet us along the way - and then apparently was unusually quick, and started with us at the school. 

And then along the way, John W met us, and followed much of the way.

We stopped at the Blawenburg Bistro, where we tried to ensure that they would not go broke or be acquired by another, less-desirable owner (yes, I'm lookin' at you, PJ's...). Unfortunately, I sweat all over the lens of the camera, and none of the pics are acceptable.

We all made it back, though, and brought the pace in right in the middle of the C+ range. Thanks to Larry for sweeping. 

I plan to run these every month that there's not snow or ice on the ground. Y'wanna come out?

No comments:

Post a Comment