Sunday, January 15, 2023

bad pictures of a good ride

 

I'm not kidding; that one of Joe E keeping warm before we started was about the best of 'em.

Weather was predicted to be a little warmer today than the last two weeks, so I decided to do a 38-miler with a stop at that Blawenburg Bistro that The Excellent Wife (TEW) and I like (although we don't go often enough, because we don't want to succumb to their always-excellent-but-high-calorie bakery offerings). Laura OLPH also listed a ride for today (no doubt she'll have a post about it soon), and I like to ride with her and the Hill Slugs... but I also like the consistency of offering my Sunday rides, and six club members apparently appreciated it, as well: Joe E, Dave H, Doug & Christine R, Eric H, & Eduardo Z.

It was undoubtedly cold at the start, and I was a bit worried. I'd done a hike yesterday, and, while it was undoubtedly a good time, it was a COLD experience, and I didn't want to repeat the cold today. But the weather and a high cadence worked together so that by the time I got to the stop, I was warm enough to stay outside.

How about some of those bad pictures?

Have you ever seen Eric's back looking so good?


And maybe Dr Z's face would look better if it actually had some light on it.

That one above isn't so bad... but the focus on the one below?



And for these two... just where is the focus of the picture supposed to be?



 Ride page. These rides take longer than my faster-paced ones (well, DUH), so I've got to allow for that. Traffic as we finished was heavy (it took a long time to cross South Middlebush Road near the end, for example). I may address this when setting the routes.

I may not.


No comments:

Post a Comment