Thursday, January 19, 2023

somebody else is going to have to do that

 Earlier this morning, I saw this video by journalist Michelle Pollino. She had been unable to find work as a journalist in LA, and went to work for a right-wing outlet. In the interview, she mentioned that she had a female partner, and the interviewer said that he had a gay child.

In the video, she argues that people in what she calls "left wing" media* were also biased (for example, they apparently didn't want to hear facts that contradicted their world view), and that we should be open to the views of people with whom we disagree.

Except the people with whom I disagree want to eliminate people like her; refuse to admit they have valid lives; presume that they are grooming children to take up their lifestyle. They refuse to admit the humanity of some people, sometimes going so far as to call for their elimination -- or killing them outright.

Somebody else is going to have to be fair to these people with whom I so vehemently disagree. I don't have the stomach for it.


*I'm led to believe it's NPR. I will agree their editorial opinion leans left (it's certainly not "left wing" enough for me!); their reporting, however, is fact-based.


No comments:

Post a Comment