Saturday, April 11, 2020

finding the path

So in the spirit of social distancing, I decided to do a solo ride today. I had planned to do another longish one... but I heard from a couple of people one was Bob N) that there were more paths in that section of Montgomery/Hillsborough through which I lead rides. So I took a look at RideWithGPS for the area, and on the Open Cycle map (you can choose which map to set the route from, or the satellite image) a number of the paths showed up. So I set a route based on going through as many of 'em as I could.

On the way, I passed by the entrance to the D&R Canal towpath park. It's pretty closed.




I thought I might have a hard time finding the path entrances again, once I found 'em, so I took pictures of some of the entrances... but it turns out that they're almost obvious, once you know what you're looking for:






It turns out that was a shorter ride than I wanted, so on the way back, I went up Coppermine and down Old Georgetown. I'm getting old & slow; not only was I slow going up Coppermine, but my top speed coming down Old Georgetown was only about 30 mph.

See the circuitous route here.

So there might be some path travel on rides I lead... if I ever get to lead a ride again!

No comments:

Post a Comment