Sunday, August 1, 2021

what rain?

 I posted a ride for today, and then cancelled when rain threatened, but the rain didn't come, so now I feel stupid.

Earlier in the week, the across-the-street neighbor had given me an armful of bike jersey stuff; it turned out to be two long-sleeve jerseys, a long-sleeve fleece-lined jersey, a set of bib shorts, and knee warmers, all by Castelli for Bristol Myers. It's European size M, and fits me the way I wish all my other bike stuff did:


More motivation not to gain weight.

I've heard about bib shorts that those who use them wont use anything else, but I'm not sure they're for me (although I like the fit a lot). In order to relieve oneself, one has to remove an awful lot of clothing. I'm reminded of a nurse with whom I used to work, who had a set of nurse scrubs that was a jumpsuit. She looked great in it, but complained she had to get almost completely undressed every time she had to pee. Yeah, the bibs are like that.

I got out for an early 30 miles today over part of the route I intended for the cancelled club ride. On the way in, I stopped at this excellent garage door that I notice about half of the time I ride by it; today I stopped for a picture:


I'm sure my fellow WASPs roll their eyes and opine about the end of civilization every time they see it, but I think it's just great.

I had seen emails saying that the Blackwells Mills causeway was closed, so I was sure that the Griggstown causeway would also be closed, but it was open.


The water was high, but not as high as I'd expected.

I'd never noticed the dissolved cement in this concrete stanchion on the bridge before today:


I went the long way around and saw that Blackwells Mills was also open. It's clear I don't know anything.

After yesterday's ride, on flat pedals on the heavy 'cross bike, it was good to push the lighter titanium bike around, and be clipped in at the pedals. Ride page.


No comments:

Post a Comment