Saturday, November 5, 2022

tom's flat ride


Tom H wrote to a number of members of his Insane Bike Posse, earlier this week,

This Saturday looks perfect for a long flat ride so I will be posting something, probably from Bordentown. I will send out details once I post it.  

Well, I was up for that. Tom planned for us to meet at the Joseph Lawrence Park in Bordentown, but the lot was packed for girl's softball (and yay! for Title 9!), so we repaired to the lot at the Muschal school next door.







 Mostly we were Tom's regulars, with two new (to us) riders: Len, with whom I've ridden with the during-the-week Team Social Security rides, and Adam, who generally rides with faster folks, but wanted to get some new geography in.

Tom had a 50+ mile route we'd done a couple of years ago, We went down to Cookstown, past the McGuire Air Force Base, and around the lake near Pemberton Township.




Laura OLPH and I stopped to get this picture; that's her left arm getting the shot on the right of the frame.

We passed my favorite intersection, the corner of Four Mile and Mount Misery, and shortly thereafter came upon...



 Len appeared concerned (he'd been recently ticketed for going through a closed road), but it wouldn't be a Tom H ride without one.

After a stop at the Pemberton Wawa, we headed back. The wind was at our back at this point (well planned, Tom!), and we were able to post some nice paces on the way.

I've decided I like some flat rides.

Ride Page.

No comments:

Post a Comment