Monday, October 18, 2021

hard for me to read

 It's in English, and, except for proper names, I don't think there have been any words in it I didn't recognize, but this is the hardest book for me to read that I've seen in a long time.


It's a little about the universe, and a lot about white male privilege and protections, barriers in science to those who are NOT white and male (and how this affects the science they do), justice and injustice, sexism and sexual assault. It's hard for me to read because it shows, yet again, how deeply rooted those protections and privileges are, and the damage that we've done, and the damage that's been done for us, usually without our ever knowing about it.

I read for a bit every day. Sometimes I can only read for about ten minutes; yesterday I managed about 35.

No comments:

Post a Comment