Thursday, October 7, 2021

more evidence of my radicalization

 OK, I've been thinking about this recently: As a civilization, we've decided that our finance/property system will be the thing on which we ground everything else; individual rights, customs, healthcare, even the most basic needs like food, shelter, and clothing will be subject to it. We will let people die to maintain the reliability of the finance/property system.

But what if we decided that life and health were the things on which we would ground everything else, and finance and property would only be allowed to be collected after everyone's needs were met? So that nobody got to be rich until everybody had, at least, enough?

And don't give me that crap about "everybody would abuse the system". That's balderdash, and you know it. Yes, there will be some that abuse the system; my wife and I have both worked in the welfare system, and we've met them. But would you? And do you really think that you're that much better than everybody else?

Or, to look at that another way: Jeff Bezos, Elon Musk, Warren Buffet, Mark Zuckerberg - these guys never have to work another day. But they continue. Either they are really special (in which case we should tax them like they are really special), or that argument about "nobody would work if they didn't have to" is a canard.

In other news: I hear I'm supposed to get more conservative as I get older. That is manifestly not happening. WTF?

No comments:

Post a Comment