Sunday, October 3, 2021

italian bakery

 My listing for this ride said:

This ride is not for everybody: a substantial stretch is milled road (apparently not due to road construction, as there's no sign of any work being done), and the route back is along Main Street in Somerville and Bound Brook. But the stop is at the Italian bakery in Raritan, a place that has its partisans among some of my regular riders.

I guess I shouldn't wonder that only four others decided to do the ride.

It didn't help that it was cold and foggy when we departed. And it didn't help me that I was beat from 70 miles to the shore yesterday (see the post below this one).






It's neither a pretty nor a fun route... but I really love that stop. As do a few of my regulars.

The ride page says I averaged 15.8... but I don't believe it; I was beat from the day before, and my ride home from after this one averaged about 12.

I'm going back to the office Monday, where I can relax. (For 45 more days!)

No comments:

Post a Comment