Wednesday, October 13, 2021

vanity purchase

My Topeak Road Morph has seen better days, and while I'd cast the eye of prurient desire on the Lezyne Micro Floor Drive with Gauge, the price seemed a bit high. But then Tom H showed up with the Acacia pump, and it looked good enough that I decided to look more into it. It's available on Amazon, but I decided not to make Mr Bezos any wealthier if I didn't have to, and I found it on Ebay for under $30.

It's got a gauge, which is accurate enough for a road fill, and I like the look of it on the bike. It's got a short throw, which translates to a LOT of strokes to get a tire up to pressure... but it got my gravel tires up to 40psi, and it's rated to 130 psi (and the short stroke means that you won't be working too hard to get those last few pumps into the tire).

It's Presta/Schrader reversible, and the screw-on collar rotates on the hose easily, so the hose detaches from the valve before you've lost all the air you just pumped in. The collar snaps into the handle top, making a trim fit on the bike. I like it. 

It's too soon to say that it's "stuff that works", but I have hopes.

No comments:

Post a Comment