Sunday, November 7, 2021

first cold ride of the season



So, after missing two weeks (the Fall Foliage Weekend, and Laura OLPH's ride to see the Lambertville Halloween decorations), I finally got it together to post a ride for this week. It turned out that there was frost when I got up, and the temps only got to about 50ºF by the end of the ride... but there were still ten of us; some regulars, and some new (at least to me).









We did one of my regular routes, and came in at an average much more reasonable than recent rides (the pace had been creeping up). It was a beautiful day. And it was good to see folks, some of whom I feel like I'd been missing for months and months.

I did have my usual cold-weather response: I couldn't feel my fingers for the first five miles or so, and by the time feeling came back in my hands, my toes were numb until about mile twelve. And, of course, by the end of the ride, I was sweaty and overheated.

At Thomas Sweet:






Yeah, not much news and no funny stories. I was just glad to be leading a ride with people who seemed to be having a good time.

That was enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment