Sunday, November 14, 2021

not the princeton half-marathon

 Well, I was gonna do a ride through Princeton this week, and posted the planned route... but then Luis C emailed and informed me that the Princeton Half-Marathon was scheduled, and many of my planned roads would be closed. So I emailed the eight-or-so who had either signed up or indicated some interest, and let them know I had to change the route, and linked to the new plan on the ride listing.

If I was worried that people wouldn't want to come, that worry was misplaced; I had twelve today.








We did a route that goes up to Somerset, then into Hillsborough. We stopped at a park for a porta-potty, and found this:

The handicapped one was intact, but the other was apparently a casualty of yesterday's winds. We decided not to try to use that one.

 




There was a bit of wind today; in Skillman, I adjusted the route to avoid some of the headwind on Skillman Road (and also so that some of the faster riders would keep with the group, in case there were other changes!). We rolled around to the Blawenburg Bistro, another coffee-and-empty-calories purveyor that I like.

After the demise of both the Main St Cafe (which transformed into a PJ's Pancake House... and who the $#%& cares that much about pancakes?), and "The Pig", Sourland Coffee (which just disappeared as a result of the pandemic), I'm almost reluctant to say how much I like the Blawenburg Bistro... but I do; I really hope they stay open. Go spend money there, will you?






On the way back, the group got a little away from me, and rushed back on their own (they knew the way); their averages are likely faster than mine... you can see on the ride page. I kept up with the folks on the rear, and we all got back. Many thanks to the excellent Dave H, who is my regular sweep.

Maybe you ought to come out with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment