Friday, June 24, 2011

another project?

I had an idea for another project: I though of doing a blog for charity cycling events. Each post would be an event, and riders could use the comments to get together with other riders to make teams, train together, and whatnot. I was thinking of asking the Princeton Freewheelers* for permission to use their logo, but now I'm thinking I would just set it up, and ask the Freewheelers for an ad; I could also print out flyers and get them around to local bike shops (and maybe email some clubs).

*Did you open that link? Now there is a website that could use some help. Ahem.

I'm thinking of keeping this charity ride blog limited to stuff local to Central Jersey (i.e., events that I would be willing to drive to myself). There are a number of sources for local rides, although many of them are events and not charity rides -- the point for me is to make it easy (and, lord save us, perhaps fun) to support local charity rides.

Because of the way posts can be listed on the side, I think a Wordpress blog might be more useful than anything I've seen here on Blogger. But I could be wrong. The troubled is, once it's set up, it's hard to move.

There's also the fact that there may be nobody interested in it but me. But I'm good at keeping up projects where nobody shows any interest. I'm usually the last one to leave the moribund club.

In any case, I have been collecting links to charity rides, and I may set something like this up after I do the Anchor House ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment