Wednesday, June 8, 2011

quo debeo agere satis sum

The three regular readers of this blog may remember that I was having anxiety problems in the fall. I went to see a therapist, and it definitely worked for me. One of the things he did was have me develop an affirmation. The affirmation that came up after reflection was, "What I am is enough for what I have to do."

It's over six months later, and the affirmation still works, and is still useful (and probably necessary). I went back to my college Latin books and translated it into Latin; as I see it, it comes out, "quo debeo agere satis sum."

I like it. I like it enough that if I were the kind of guy who got a tattoo, I'd have that written on my right arm.

(On my left arm would be a different tattoo. It would say, "Screw my family's squeamishness. If I'm brain dead, harvest my damn organs for donation.")

Addendum September 29, 2011: Accusative case, dammit. quod debeo...
Later: Nope, ablative was correct. quo debeo...

1 comment: