Sunday, December 30, 2012

arresting bike pics


I admit it; I spend way too much time looking at stupid stuff on the web. I have no excuse for it, and I know I'd probably be more productive without it, but I haven't been able to give it up. I have little patience with rage comics, and I have little patience for lolcats... but beyond that, I'm a sucker for dumb jokes and cheesecake pictures.

One of the sites I check, pretty much daily, is Oddman.Ca. There were FOUR bike-related pics IN A ROW in today's post; the one above is one of them. Laura OLPH and Chris C, among others, have been talking to me about mountain biking in the snow, and I'm afraid the picture above is what I think of when they bring it up.

The other picture I'm posting is below. I find it arresting, I just keep going back to it.


When I rode the Anchor House ride in 2011, there was one rider with one arm, and another with one leg. I've never seen a rider missing both an arm and a leg, and to ride a bike, missing both on the same side, with all the balance problems that would ensue, is mind-boggling to me.

Is that guy somebody I should know?

No comments:

Post a Comment