Friday, May 10, 2013

happy friday

Rain is predicted for tomorrow, and Sunday is Mother's Day, which means a visit with in-laws, so a group ride might not be in the schedule for the weekend. But today was an early-out Friday,and it was 82F when I got home, so I quick got my bike & kit together and did my Coppermine loop.

Some traffic out today, including a school bus coming UP Old Georgetown, as I was going DOWN. I'm not the best descender under ideal circumstances, and that rattled me, so my top speed was only 26.9. Even with that, though, that average speed is good enough for me*.

On the way back up Canal Road, after coming down Old Georgetown, I passed a rider out for a leisurely jaunt. I asked, "So can you think of worse things to do than push your bike around Canal Road on a Friday?"

He said, "Without even thinking too hard."


*Some time over the past week, I first saw this picture:

It reminded me of that Sesame Street song, "C is for Cookie". All week, I've been singing to myself:

C is for Coffee; that's good enough for me.
C is for Coffee; that's good enough for me.
C is for Coffee; that's good enough for me, Oh!
Coffee, Coffee, Coffee start with C!
When I wrote, "good enough for me" up there, it started the whole thing off in my head. Again.

No comments:

Post a Comment