Sunday, January 7, 2018

not flu; bronchitis

So I've been ill now for over two weeks. Finally went to the doctor on Thursday, and found out it's bronchitis. That means it's viral, not bacterial, and THAT means antibiotics are gonna be ineffective (which is probably a good thing; back in the 90's I had a doc that probably overprescribed me Cipro and amoxicillin; I'm likely a walking nursery for medication-resistant bugs, even as we speak).

I've been ensconced in my front-room chair for days, doing stupid internet and dozing, alternating with sleeping in bed. The Excellent Wife (TEW) and I went out to do three chores yesterday, and the effort was so exhausting that I needed a nap. And then I needed another one. And then I slept 10 hours last night. (TEW is also recovering from bronchitis, but she's in better shape than I. Oh, to be young again, as she!)

I'm a little stir-crazy today, so I'll probably go out for an errand just to have something to do. But I know I'm not all better. I'm a little worried about being able to work a full day tomorrow.

Early reports are for rain next Saturday, and it's a god thing; I'd go out for a ride if there was one, and I'll probably still need the rest.

Here's hoping you're healthier than I.

No comments:

Post a Comment