Sunday, December 31, 2017

end of the year

Between another activity that's frankly, none of your business, and being sick, and working like crazy, and not much riding, it's been a while since I posted.

I don't do New Year's resolutions (I don't do much on New Year's; as a person in addiction recovery, we refer to it a "amateur night", when all the amateurs go out and try to prove they can party). We'll be going to The Excellent Mother-In-Law's today; tomorrow, I'll work the holiday, which is a "gimme" for a person in recovery with no kids (see previous sentence).

Work will be tough, though; due to some less-than-ideal planning we had a large number of clients whose coverage ended and had to be renewed for 1/1/17. We issue a 366-day authorization, so they come up again on 1/2/18. I 'spect I'll be busy tomorrow.

The illness is probably flu; I've heard that the flu sibyls didn't guess right this year, and the variant that's going around is not one against which the protection was included in the vaccine cocktail I received. Still, the conventional wisdom is that the vaccine will mitigate the virulence of the attack, and that seems to be the case for me; there were only a couple of days on which I couldn't work, and one of those was a scheduled day off. I wake up coughing and have to drink water (the air is SO dry, and the humidifier keeps TEW awake), but that's about the worst of it.

TEW is also under the weather, so there's a small amount of disorder about the house. It makes her nuts, but it's so much better than my place was in my bachelor days that I don't even notice.

Here's wishing you a pleasant New Year's celebration. Get home safely, and don't be too stupid. Stay warm. Let's keep in touch, OK?

No comments:

Post a Comment