Monday, May 28, 2018

memorial day all paces, with link to photo album


How could I not lead off with that nearly-perfect picture of Newell?

In an effort to stay married to The Excellent Wife (TEW), I've been trying to lead rides at her pace on the All-Paces rides, so that we get a date credit, even though we're on our bikes (it's complicated, but dates don't always count as dates if there are bikes involved). At the Spring Fling,TEW was enough under-the-weather that she couldn't come, and we had hoped she'd be up to a Low-C+ pace by today. But she hasn't been riding much due to weather and other commitments, and then there was the threatened rain and other distractions. She almost didn't come today, but my persuasions were effective, and we came to do the ride.

We had three other takers: Esther, who'd ridden with me at the Spring Fling; Winter Larry, who really could have done a faster ride; and a newbie, Ani, not yet a club member, but who could have kept up with Larry (at least). At some points we were strung out over distance, but we all got to the stop together, and we all made it back, and TEW and I are still on speaking terms.

Neat tricks: first, I've popped for a paid membership at RideWithGPS, and one of the perks is that they will automatically create a pre-formatted cue sheet. I printed a few copies to hand out. Well, since they'll do that, I also printed out a few from the break at Roy's BACK to the start, in case anybody needed to turn around (easy-peasy; set up the route in reverse and save it...).

Ride page. The careful eye will note that the elevation on the ride page, even after correction, is more than 50% higher than expected elevation from the route-planning page. Hrmph.

But, of course, some of you are only here to get to the link to the picture album. I can't say I blame you.

No comments:

Post a Comment