Sunday, September 16, 2018

barely b

So I posted a ride, and this time the weather cooperated and I didn't have to cancel, like I've done four times this year (!). I've done thirteen listings, and led four times. Hmm.

Laura OLPH and Joe M came out for this one. I'm still pretty crazy in my head, and I was glad of the company. Laura and I chatted about work, friends, bikes, and such (she use parts that are no longer made, and has been haunting Ebay for "new old stock" and "used but usable"). Joe is quieter, but I was glad he came as well. I have terrible pictures I'll post below.

Now, for my thirteenth listing, SOMETHING had to happen...  and as I was riding I felt water droplets on my leg. Huh? I looked down, and, of all things, the lid to my water bottle had gone missing while the bottle was in the cage:



We traded theories about how it happened. Any suggestions?

We did this route (that ride page includes my ride from home and back). My average was just 15.0, barely into B range, and Laura and Joe were with me the whole way, so I doubt their numbers were higher by much!

We stopped at the bagel place in Princeton North, where I got these pictures that border on libelous:



Laura left for home after the stop; Joe and I road back to the start.

I'll be leading a slow C+ ride at the picnic next week. I hope I can keep up.

No comments:

Post a Comment